Through confirmed reports, Chicago detectives are currently interrogating two people who have been positively identified as the same people that were seen on the surveillance photos that were released last week by the Chicago Police Department.
Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi confirmed that these two individuals were in the area of downtown Chicago where the Empire actor was allegedly attacked, but these men are not considered suspects, however, they may have been in the area when Smollett was attacked.
The attack was not captured on surveillance footage.
36-year old Smollett, who is Black and openly gay, said two masked men shouted racial and homophobic slurs before attacking him and putting a rope around his neck around 2 a.m. on Jan. 29.
Smollett told Good Morning America in an interview that aired earlier Thursday that people who question his narrative of the attack were “ridiculous” to think he would lie. Smollett has said he was attacked while out getting food at a Subway restaurant.
“I’ve heard that it was a date gone bad, which I also resent that narrative,” he said. “I’m not gonna go out and get a tuna sandwich and a salad to meet somebody. That’s ridiculous. And it’s offensive.”
The investigation is pending and ongoing. TheSource.com will update this story as it develops.
The post Police Are Questioning Two Persons of Interest in Jussie Smollett Attack appeared first on The Source.